Wear & Care
The Do's & Don'ts of Wearing & Caring.
- Pure gold is extremely soft. Make sure you put your jewellery aside when engaging in regular activities that might expose it to chemicals or hard surfaces like swimming or using the gym.
- It is better to remove gold or studded jewellery even before you take a shower. Soap can accumulate or form a film on the jewellery that'll make it appear dull.
- Always check your jewellery for loose gems and stones and never try to clean them under running water. Visit a jeweller for re-setting if stones are loose, or you may lose them.
- The most recommended way of cleaning jewellery is to use warm mild soap water solution and a brush with soft bristles. Pat it dry with a soft cloth thereafter.
- To protect your silver, always wrap it in cellophane paper and avoid exposure to moisture.
- Pure silver is very soft and can be damaged even by a rough fabric. Hence, avoid being too rough with it and use hosiery for cleaning and polishing silver.
- Have your bead or pearl necklaces restrung every couple of years, depending on how often you wear them. Ideally, all kinds of studded jewellery should be cleaned at least once a month.
- The surface of pearl jewellery is extremely soft and can be scratched by hard metal edges hence must be stored in cotton or something soft.
- All jewellery must be worn after the application of cosmetics and perfumes as these may tarnish and affect its shine.
- All jewellery should always be stored individually or separated with soft tissue, so as not to leave scratches on each other.
Did You Know ?
The Golden Rule
- Gold is a precious metal. The softer the gold, the purer its quality. It is highly resistant to oxidation and corrosion.
- For gold “Karat” is used to measure its purity where pure gold is = 24 Karat.
- We offer you a wide range of Hallmarked gold jewellery in pure 22K and 18K.
- The “Carat” is used for the weight of gem stones where 1 Carat = 200mg.
- For Diamond 1 Carat = 100 Cent
- Our range of Gold and Diamond Jewellery has been designed to suit all occasions and budget, ranging from birthday gifts to the wedding day, festive and everyday wear.
Be Aware !
Most local retailers sell impure gold; i.e. the gold you buy is not certified or Hallmarked. Often, the joints and hooks in jewellery are made with lower purity or Karat of gold. With every single unit of under Karat, the customer is at a loss. Hence, apparently it may be very tempting to buy gold when very low making charge is offered, but ultimately one loses on the purity and it proves to be a wrong investment.
The Diamond Deal……………
4 C's - Cut, Clarity, Colour & Carat Weight
All jewellers should be able to tell you about the 4 C's which affect the price of diamond.
The cut of a diamond affects its sparkle by radiating the light falling on it. When a diamond has been cut correctly, light is reflected from one facet to another and then dispersed through the top of the stone. It is important to note that the cut of a diamond is not the same as its shape. The most popular shapes that diamonds can be cut into are round, marquise, pear, emerald, oval and heart. No matter what the shape, it takes a master diamond cutter the experience and expertise to make a fine cut diamond.
Diamonds can be plenty in colour; and can range from the faint yellows or browns to the supremely rare blues, greens and pinks among other colours, often also called "fancies." It is said that the most suited colour for a diamond is no colour at all, since this enables the light to pass through easily ; thus making it sparkle a lot more. The colours of a diamond are graded from colourless to light yellow. The differences in the colour of diamonds can only be spotted by the expert eyes.
The clarity of a Diamond is ascertained under a magnifying glass. Most diamonds contain very tiny impurities know as "inclusions." An inclusion can interfere with the light passing through it. The fewer the inclusions, the better and more valuable the diamond . Diamonds have the capability of producing more brilliance than any other gemstone.
The weight of a diamond is measured in carats. One carat is divided into 100 "points," so that a diamond of 75 points weights .75 ct. The carat-weight of a diamond is the easiest measurement to determine. Most importantly, two diamonds can be of equal carat-weight, but their value can differ greatly due to their cut, colour, and clarity.
Why buy Diamonds from Benud Behari Dutt Legacy?
Only because we ensure that the most ideal cut diamonds are used, so that the facets when arranged in precise proportions maximize brilliance and sparkle. Meticulously chosen and crafted with utmost care, our diamonds come with a certificate of authenticity, stating the exact carat, colour and clarity of the stone, to enable you to know exactly what you are paying for.
Our Buyback Guarantee
We give you our buyback guarantee to purchase or exchange any diamond that you may have purchased from us, thus giving you the benefit of any appreciation in the price of diamonds.
Let them “Speak” for themselves. Witness their rapid action. It is no magic ! The simple truth is that we give you the certified original and the best, not compromising on the quality. Gemstones like medicines are generally not used by choice. It has a remedial purpose, which if compromised with, may prove to be futile and ineffective. Do not think twice before you decide your purchase of Gemstones from us.
What makes us different?
Every piece of ornament at our showroom at Salt Lake (Kwality) is Hallmarked, ensuring that you get exactly what you pay for. We have our name imprinted too along with the name of the craftsman, for identification.
Stone Setting Ornaments - We do not charge for the stones at par with gold. We charge you for the net weight of gold used in the product. The break – up or the price of stones is provided separately.
Designs & Making charges – You may compare to find that our designs are unique and making charges most competitive & best amongst other jewellers.
Check out for yourself. Give us your feedback. We guarantee your complete satisfaction in quality, design, purity and gold rate, as much as we value your loyalty.